> And I strongly DISAGREE with Ron's statement that clicks are an essential
> part of CW. Clicks are a function of a FAST RISE TIME and DISTORTION, not
> keying speed. There's a KH6 contester who moved from K4 with a monster
> signal, monster clicks, monster SSB splatter, and monster attitude to go
> with it. I've told him about his clicks and splatter several times,  but
> the clicks, splatter, and attitude are still there.
>
> 73,
>
> Jim K9YC

Not sure if you checked his signal in the last couple contests?   If so
you are criticizing a K3
for having monster Klix and SSB splatter.   He has ran a K3 now for some
time.
He is 40 to 50 over nine here on 160 meters and I can get within less
than 1/2KC
and copy the weakest DX signals,  so have to say K3 to K3 I dont have
any problems
with him.
I do have problems with a couple other KH6 stations on that same island,
they have
klix and splatter that covers several KC of the band and they are only
20 over 9.
Understand the radio is only as good as the operator setting it up, but
that goes for
both ends of the QSO.
Merv KH7C