The K3 kit needs an anti-static wrist strap and mat, they need not be
expensive and will be useful for other tasks. You also need a small
selection of basic hand tools (screwdrivers, pliers, etc), a low cost
digital multi-meter to check for shorts and a 50 Ohm load rated to cope
with the maximum output of your particular K3 kit. Nothing out of the
ordinary for a typical ham shack. The only soldering required is to fit
the Anderson Power Pole connectors on the power lead.

Alignment is semi automatic with the K3 utility program.

Assembly/testing time around 4 ~ 5 hours depending on options.

I have worked in electronics all my working life, but other builders are
not "in the trade" and find assembly straightforward. You can download
and read the manual before making a choice.

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80 (from Nov 2007)
I do not know what most of you did.
As many others, I am also interested in a K3 Trx.

what do you recommend ?
do-it yourself an purchase a kit, or buy it ready for use ?

as far as I know, elecreft points out that a complete ESD equipment is
strictly recommended.

what did you do ?
73 de Volker, DD1VW