Phil Hystad wrote:

> I am also planning on getting the K3 and there is only one thing that is
> holding up my order right now and that is trying to figure out when I can
> spend the time to put it together.  But, I am also a little bit wondering
> if
> the cost differential of kit versus factory built is worth the learning
> experience
> when you contrast that with the hassles of potential problems.

1.  You've already spent more time reading and writing emails on this list
than the K3 takes to assemble.
2.  Some are using $200 for the cost differential.  For the record it's:

K3/100 - $250
KAT3 - $30
KRX3 - $50

I've built 3 units with few problems and Elecraft support is absolutely
phenomenal if you do have problems.  Building your own unit will give you
confidence to make inevitable update mods.  I've made 10 to #1361 and 7 to
#2183 so both units are completely updated except for the much-discussed DSP
exchange (which I'm still undecided on).

73,  Bill