Phil,

Building the K3 will likely make future hardware changes easier to implement
since you will have recognized key circuit board areas and have an
understanding of the assembly/disassembly process.

Getting in and back out of the K3 is very easy.  By contrast, the
disassembly of my previously-owned IC-7800 required removal of over a
half-dozen different screw types with varying lengths.  That created a
nightmare situation if one of those screws was installed incorrectly.

Paul, W9AC