As someone pointed out, there is less differentiation potential among
amplifiers than there is among transceivers. MFJ recently had an ad for a
solid-state, all-band, amplifier that was not yet type approved. I haven't
seen much since that first ad. It looked pretty compact and was described
as capable of reading band-data input and switching bands automatically.
It was also described as having discrete power modules instead of a block
so that you could replace the bad one and not have to replace 'em all.
Now, that said, MFJ doesn't exactly have a sterling reputation for quality
and reliability. But, I think they have the right idea, here. My new K3
seems to be working just fine with both the 87A and Centurion, so I have
no beef. If there was an auto-bandswitching, all-solid-state amp that took
up less space, I'd be interested.

Rob K6RB