IMHO, the real reason for delay on an amp is that they have huge
backlogs on things like the 144 transverter, and a possible market for
several thousand P3's, if not more.

One of the things that has killed many companies is trying to get big
too fast, outrunning their momentum and neglecting their core markets.

And you have to remember that they are still selling new K2's. What's
that, a ten+ year product in a market known for obsolescence and
throwing models overboard? And that in spite of four thousand sales of
K3's from the same company at the same time?

Only thing I can think of that sold for longer than that (not counting
the change for the FCC's silly 10 meter ban) was the Heathkit
SB220/221 KW amp.  One can attribute that to an all-time classic
engineering balance between cost, function and durability.

If I wanted to bet on who knows to really float an amp or not, and how
to do it, and what to put in it, I'll bet on Wayne and Eric :>)

73, Guy.