I would give up my Icom PW-1 for an Elecraft solid-state amp.  Oh, wait a
minute.
No, I won't give it up as long as I still have my Icom 756 Pro III but I would
very
much buy the Elecraft amp given that it is a 1 KW solution at least and the
price
is not too bad.  Well, I might even consider a less then 1 KW amp.

A watt may be a watt on the receiving end but they are not always the same on
the
sending end.  And, with regard to amp ownership and usefulness, I am always on
the
sending end, never on the receiving end.

So, what features would an Elecraft amp add that you can't get elsewhere:

1.  Wayne  &  Eric.
2.  Hopefully, Kit Quality with that "we are not finished yet" attitude for
add-ons.
     [Actually, what do you add onto an amplifier?].
3.  This forum which is something that is unique to this hobby and especially
when
     you are like myself, a person who can be very technical in some topics,
but I
     am no expert in most of these ham radio technologies.  Having access to the
     many smart and expert people here is a great asset.

73, phil, K7PEH