From: Julian, G4ILO <julian.g4...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] W9OY on P3
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Date: Friday, February 19, 2010, 12:34 PM

Bob Naumann wrote:

> Let's be reasonable though - the Flex is not a piece of junk just because
> it's in second place on the Sherwood list.
>
> There's a whole lot of good radios behind the two of them further down the
> list.
>
> I think this W9OY, because of his obvious pro-Flex bias, should be given
> the
> same respect as W2OY was in the "olde days". (He was the "CQ CQ, no kids,
> no
> lids, no space cadets" guy).

I found it rather amusing that the bulk of this post, many paragraphs,
contained a description of setting up a Flex station for portable use. It
involved installing the .Net framework, installing drivers, configuring
buffers, recalibrating the radio, installing a virtual audio cable and
virtual serial port. Someone using a K3 would probably have got 200 contacts
in the log by that point. I don't think it was intentional, but to me he
just made the case for why so many of us prefer the Elecraft approach.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html