Hi Paul

What are your mods? Did  you just use a capacitor to roll off the bass?

Someone once told me that the Heil HC5 is sound transducer that was very common
on PC motherboards. I lost the web link of the manufacturer, which is a pity
since the HC5 seems to produce good audio on just about every radio that I have
used. The only problem is that you cant buy the HC5 cartridge anymore.

John