> Have you asked Heil

Yes.  Heil will no longer sell the "bare" elements.  One must
purchase a D-104 upgrade kit in order to get the element.  In
addition, Heil will not sell replacement "clamshells" for the
original Proset mic boom for repair purposes.

In spite of their claims, Heil do not care about "customer
service."   The cost to repair a damaged ProSet is more than
replacing it with a Yamaha CM-500 and the ProSet would have
to be shipped to Heil rather than allow the user to make a
relatively simple change of mic element and housing.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV