Well, the Elecraft is getting the signal from both your bug's dit and
your dah contact on the same lead.  And if your closures are perfect,
by what process is the K3 able to determine that the contact is from
only one side of a bug to give just that one side a "tick"?  And when
the "tick" can be cured as was posted by changing hand technique?  The
closure waveform is clearly not the same for dit and dah.

If you were sending code on an old 807 rig, one of the old time locals
would be on your case for scratchy keying, and tell you which contact
on your bug it was. Your denials of bug contact complicity at the club
meeting would just get you looks.

What I find interesting out of this is that there is enough interest
in using bugs, that a debouncer option for mechanical keys is a
reasonable request.  Getting bug contacts correct for using on low
voltage circuits IS and HAS BEEN a real PITA, never needing to be
broached by the old-timers that designed the bugs.

The CW+ was introduced particularly to serve high speed CW interests
that were not being addressed, with dits at some speeds pretty close
to a click.  Not that someone else shouldn't use it. The current
settings are wonderful for the very high speed stuff and I do hope
that Wayne will not degrade it to debounce mechanical bugs being
operated at speeds serviced well at the regular CW. Just improve the
QSK at the regular CW setting, although I know he is fighting state
change processing budgets.

73, Guy