On Fri, 26 May 2000, Kai Großjohann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> "Daniel Pittman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> On Fri, 26 May 2000, Kai Großjohann
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > Well, I've got to read up on continuable errors, then.  Is
>> > `file-error' a continuable error?
>>
>> Hmmm. Yes, in a quick browse through my XEmacs elisp. Raised by using
>> 'signal.'
>
> Good.  Let's change that call from error to signal, then.

That will make us work like the internal bits. Do you want to do this?

[...]

> Things will break in horrible ways if rcp.el ever starts a csh-like
> shell.  Nonono.  Down that path lies madness.
>
> You may assume Bourne-ish shells.

Oh, good. Because I don't intend to learn csh syntax if I can avoid it.

>> In any case, I think that using CPIO is a better plan than using
>> Perl, and I will have a look at using that some time this weekend, I
>> hope. Unless you are?
>
> My weekend is rather full already, so don't hesitate to do stuff.

Cool. I now get to hack all weekend because I am a boring sod with no
life. ;)

        Daniel

--
To limit the press is to insult the nation; to prohibit reading of certain
books is to declare the inhabitants to be either fools or slaves.