On 09/09/2018 12:23 AM, Chris Morley wrote:

The possibility of moving our realtime system with the modern trends seems
important to at least

consider.

Well, the ability to interconnect multiple instances of LinuxCNC seems like it could be useful in a lot of special applications, especially things like work cells where robot-like devices load and unload parts to traditional machines.

There are people doing really oddball things with LinuxCNC. One I know of is a silkscreen printer in Brazil. There is a YouTube video of it, and the guy is loading the material by hand. That looked like something that could be automated, and might benefit from this.

Jon