On Fri, 31 May 2019 at 04:47, Chris Morley <chrisinnana...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Qtvcp  needs work for an installed system - dependencies, apparently there
> is a problem getting designer to find the widgets on an installed system
> (from the forum)

My thoughts on QTVCP is that it is new standalone thing so can't break
existing systems.
I think we should include it as an "Experimental Preview" with warnings to
that effect.
It does add a lot of very pretty new GUIs, and that seems like a good thing
to do to persuade the users that we have actually been up to something.

> If pncconf is staying for 2.8 it may need updates.

I haven't tried running it on 2.8.

> Not sure about stepconf.

Making gantry configs work in  Stepconf would be a useful adjunct to JA in
2.8. The facility exists in PnCConf I believe?
Though that is probably outside of our aim of a "feature freeze and
bugfix".

--
atp
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed