I have seen three adapter situations which are somewhat reasonable.

The first is for a product with an IEC 320 C8 inlet.
The coiled power cord was IEC 320 C7 to C8, with molded adapters from C7 to
North American, Europlug and Australian pins. Cord and adapters were a UL
listed kit, don't remember manufacturer.
This was my favorite offering. Just the thing for a traveling laptop. I felt
this was a good solution suitable for everyday use.

The second is for a product with an IEC 320 C14 inlet.
The power cord was IEC 320 C13 to C14, with molded right angle adapters for
North Amercan, Shuko, Australian, and British configurations. The cord was
UL/CSA listed, the North American adapter was CSA certified from Electricord.
All connectors were good quality, just as good as the normal product
connectors, and other than having three connections to loosen rather than two
as with the normal cord set, I could see no major issue.

The third, a wall mount switching power supply with an IEC 320 C14 inlet and a
right angle adapter C13 to US, Shuko, Australian and British configurations.
The supply was UL listed from Phihong, I believe, and the North American
Adapter was CSA certified from Wellshin.
This was a less than ideal but not bad situation. The complications come when
the receptacle is oriented other than to have the supply hanging under the
adapter. There would probably be some tendency for wiggling of the dc cord to
cause the supply to drop off the adapter. However, it eliminates the power cord
(only low voltage dc supply cord).

I guess that some places prohibit adapters, but I can't name which ones. These
solutions are more expensive than simple cord sets, but may be cheaper when
considering stocking, ordering and distribution problems. The C7/C8 solution
might be considered a desirable product feature. I was aware of the dearth of
approval marks on the European and Australian adapters. They may be
unattainable but would be necessary for implementation by most manufacturers. I
have never used any of these on my products, but might consider it if someone
solves the approval issues.

Bob