My company (NCR) ships automated teller machines worldwide. Our policy
on plugs is simple: -
If the product is 120V, we supply a UL/CSA cordset with a NEMA plug,
and if the product is 220/230/240V, we supply a "HAR" cordset, WITHOUT
A PLUG, together with a one page chart showing the plugs for various
countries.

For many years, we used to ship ALL products with the American cordsets,
without any complaints (except for some mutterings from Germany), but we
changed over to the "HAR" cordset for 220/230/240V units when an external
safety consultant insisted this was necessary for Europe. I won't comment on
this,
other than I didn't think there was anything "unsafe" about the American
cord,
and in any case, you could always always argue that the cord was not part of

the equipment.

John Crabb, Product Safety Engineer, NCR Financial Solutions Group Ltd,
Dundee (City of Discovery), Scotland.