Interesting. I checked one of our ITE UL reports from 1997 and the general
section requires shipping either a UL Listed power cord or an acceptable
cord when shipping outside the US. What do others have to say about this?

        ----------
        From:  pe...@itl.co.il [SMTP:pe...@itl.co.il]
        Sent:  Thursday, December 03, 1998 4:28 PM
        To:  emc-p...@ieee.org; WOODS, RICHARD
        Subject:  RE: Questions on Plug Adapters

        Richard,

        It has been a few years now that for ITE, NRTLs do not require a
        detachable type power supply cord to be shipped with the unit. At
        some point, they required that for units not provided with
        detachable cords, a non-permanent marking be provided by the
        power Inlet "See Installation Instructions for Proper Selection of
        Power Cord" or an equivalent marking together with the relevant
        instructions on the proper power cords to be selected in the field.
        However for some time now, this requirement has been dropped
        and provision of a Listed and/or Approved cord set is optional.

        Regards,