From: am...@westin.org [mailto:am...@westin.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 4:07 PM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: ESD - time between successive discharges

Dear members,

>From IEC61000-4-2 and several EN-product standards, they specify the time
between successive discharges to be at least 1 second.

But what is the maximum time between each pulse ? I can not see that it is
stated in any standards. I guess the test labs use 1 pulse pr second.

I feel that the pulse rate can have influences on the EUT performance, so 1
second compared to 3-5 seconds might be the difference between PASS and
FAIL.

Any suggestions ?

Best regards
Amund Westin