The EMCTLA's Technical Guidance Note No 39 may be relevant here.

These TGNs are guidance to UK test labs on how to apply the EMC directive and
EMC test standards.

You can get to TGN #39 via www.emctla.org.

If it doesn't answer your question completely, send an email to the EMCTLA's
secretary and he may be able to come up with a consensus decision for you.

All the very best!
Keith Armstrong
www.cherryclough.com