Dear John
In previous postings from Ken Javor and myself, I believe that Ken (who I was
replying to in the fragment below) has made it clear that what he is really
concerned with is  "the kinds of emissions controlled by CISPR 22 and Title
47, part 15B of the US Code of Federal Regulations" (I hope I have got this
right, Ken!).

In earlier postings I believe that Ken complained that I was widening the
definition to include such things as the unintentional emissions from welding
apparatus (I didn't think of your electric fence example).

I think John's comments emphasise a point I made earlier in this
correspondence, which is that we need to be very careful in an international
forum when using terms like "unintentional emitter". Such terms can have
specific definitions in some EMC standards or Regulations in some countries,
but they can also have a wider EMC engineering usage, such as that mentioned
by John below.
Confusion is possible unless we are more precise.

Regards, Keith Armstrong