From: Scott Douglas
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 6:15 AM
Subject: Compliance Primer

Hi,

Does anyone know of any primers on regulatory compliance? Like what
compliance is, why we do it, how does one figure out what standards apply to
a product, and whatever?

Reason I ask is I had these questions posed to me by one of our directors.
He wants to learn about compliance. I was caught flat footed. How do you
explain what took you 19 years to learn? And that you really don't know as
much as you think? I showed him my stack of standards but didn't think that
would be a good place for him to start.

Looking forward to your comments.

Regards,
Scott Douglas