From: Garry Hojan [mailto:gho...@regulatory-compliance.com]
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 9:10 AM
To: Scott Douglas; emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: RE: Compliance Primer

Hi Scott,

I am in the process of writing just such an article, directed towards those
within an organization who have, what I would call, a periphery view of
regulatory compliance (directors, purchasing, sales and marketing) and how
it effects them and the company.

I am writing it with your situation in mind, but I would be interested in
the group's viewpoint on the value of such an article. Do you find yourself
explaining what rc is? Do you have to justify the fact that it has to be
done? How many times do you find yourself in a pressure situation where the
product is sold without the appropriate approvals and your under the gun to
get the approvals?

I would also be extremely appreciative if the group has some scenario's that
they would like covered in the article. I will also be covering penalties
and liability issues, which should hopefully open some eyes of those who
feel that it is "an acceptable business risk" to run with a less than
satisfactory compliance program.

In the article I will explain the process of how to determine which
standards apply for which country/product mix, and how difficult it can be
for some countries due to time zones, translations, unclear or differing
instructions from within the country, political issues, political and
business policy, unwritten caveats, etc., etc.

I look forward to hearing from the group.

Best regards,
Garry Hojan
CEO/ President
Strategic Compliance Services (SCS)