I read in !emc-pstc that Brian Jones <e...@brianjones.co.uk> wrote (in
<002001c1ab0b$47b63d00$9141c0c1@oemcomputer>) about 'SV: Generic
emissions - EN 61000-6-3', on Fri, 1 Feb 2002:
>John
>
>We will have to agree to disagree on the semantic issues

Let us hope that that does not give rise to any difficulties in future.

>BUT I will not accept your putting words in my mouth on interpretations of
>the current and draft EMC Directives.

I didn't mean to do that: I thought that I had interpreted your words
correctly. There is no possible advantage to me to put words into your
mouth deliberately; in fact, your justified response would damage my
position.

>For the record, I deliberately used the word "apply" which is the wording of
>the current Directive.  Apply does not necessarily mean "test".

Is it possible to clarify what 'apply in full' means, in detail? There
is a great deal of confusion about this: it is widely interpreted,
AFAIK, as meaning that all the test methods have to be implemented
*exactly* as given in the relevant Basic Standards. That interpretation
could be said to be inconsistent with the provision that, if justified,
certain tests can be omitted, but that provision is in the Generic
Standards, not in the Directive, AFAIK.

>I did not mention the draft revision.

I agree that you did not: I don't think I gave the impression that you
did.

After swimming across the Hellespont, I felt like a Hero.
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!