John, thanks for the explanation to David, you are right in what you wrote. I
was out the whole day so I am catching up now in the evening.

However, the issue is not the imbalance specification looking into the DUT
connector (test port, diff pairs....). The problem that I see here is that
CISPR22, 2005 is trying to emulate the imbalance of the "Typical
installation", and that I do not find any measurement data on that, at least
not for the CAT3-7 cabling. I do find the LCL (i.e. balance) vs. frequency
information in standards, but absolutely no published data on LCL of "typical
installations" to support them. So, I don't know where these values in the
standards are coming from. Again, I am not talking here about imbalance at the
DUT connector, but imbalance that appears looking into the cabling from the
DUT.

The required level of imbalance for the ISN, combined with the max possible
(although not always used) amplitude of 10 BaseT (5.6 Vpk-pk) makes me
uncomfortable. On the other hand, if one uses the method with current and
voltage clamp, then there is no requirement for LCL, since the measurement is
done on the cable without any ISN.

In my opinion, manufacturers of Class B products that use Ethernet, e.g.
laptops, PCs, SOHO routers/switches) should be concerned by the still (in my
opinion) not well defined requirements.

Neven