From: reheller <rehel...@mmm.com>
To: Steve Ferguson <ste...@wll.com>
Cc: emc-pstc <emc-p...@ieee.org>
Sent: Mon, Aug 29, 2011 6:29 am
Subject: RE: RE102 Vertical Ground Plane

Agreed on the tailoring and it has to be that way.  As I have often said about
the IRS (Internal Revenue Service in the US), you never ever want to ask the
IRS for a tax explanation because then you will run into the danger of knowing
for certain.     : )

Bob Heller
3M EMC Laboratory, 76-1-01
St. Paul, MN 55107-1208
Tel: 651-778-6336
Fax: 651-778-6252
=================================

"Steve Ferguson" <ste...@wll.com> wrote on 08/29/2011 05:59:46 AM:

> "Steve Ferguson" <ste...@wll.com>

> <rehel...@mmm.com>

> <emc-p...@ieee.org>, "Mike Violette" <mi...@wll.com>

> 08/29/2011 05:59 AM

> RE: RE102 Vertical Ground Plane
>
> Bob,
>
> I tend to agree that to pick and choose may not the best approach.
> Tailoring is supported by the standard and I believe that includes
> taking necessary steps to properly evaluate the test article.  This
> includes adjustments of limits, employing transducer options and
> configuring for unique/difficult installation simulation.  The more
> tailoring that is incorporated, the more demanding for detail in the
> report so the approach taken is well documented.
>
> Since the RE102 reference indicates to maintain the same basic test
> setup I believe that we have to take that as tailoring is allowed.
>
> Steven G. Ferguson, iNCE
> Executive V.P.
> ste...@wll.com
> V 301-216-1500 x 112
> C 240-401-7177
> F 301-216-1590
>
> Please check our website (www.wll.com) for Wl Academy Seminars or
> contact me with any questions!

&LT;emc-p...@ieee.org&GT;

All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at
http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/
List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html
Scott Douglas &LT;emcp...@radiusnorth.net&GT;
Mike Cantwell &LT;mcantw...@ieee.org&GT;