The Toy Safety Directive already has the picture requirement on the D of C.

John C

-----Original Message-----
From: ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen [mailto:g.grem...@cetest.nl]
Sent: 14 January 2013 14:37
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] One DoC per manufactured Unit?!

You can make fun of it, but all these things have been introduced
with the goal of creating a better level playing field, thus making possible
to find, an pursue those manufacturers that spoil the market
by selling untested, possible unsafe cheap rubbish.

Customs are better able to simply stop products with false DoC, this way.

Imagine the poor customs guy, having to tell if these little green pieces of
plastic with copper screws on it really are the KML032-1234-s-XX as
the DoC states ??
If they are, they may withold the product and dupe the honest manufacturer,
if they assume it's ok, another batch of unsafe rubbish may dupe the consumer
(in the end).

If you look at it like that, the costs for even (if it were required)
a serial number and a hologram and color image and a fully operating miniature
 model with each DoC are a bargain compared to the increased benefit
that goes with increased sales.;<)) .... if you are not on the
side of the cheaters.

And of course, it also brings the cheating to a higher level, so expect
even more stringent measures in the future... it's an everlasting battle
between the GOOD and the BAD....

Regards,

Ing.  Gert Gremmen, BSc

g.grem...@cetest.nl
www.cetest.nl

Kiotoweg 363
3047 BG Rotterdam
T 31(0)104152426
F 31(0)104154953

 Before printing, think about the environment.