From: Ken Javor [mailto:ken.ja...@emccompliance.com]
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 4:10 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] LISN Calibration Measurement Uncertainty

The point of the cm vs. dm discussion is that the effect of LISN impedance is
not so important for dm as for cm, speaking very generally, so that the effect
of uncertainty in LISN impedance on dm emissions is less than for cm. But we
don't separately measure cm and dm, so we don't know, looking at any specific
signal, what the uncertainty is, even if we have nailed down the uncertainty of
the LISN impedance. And you don't need two LISNs to separate modes, but that is
another discussion.

Ken Javor
Phone: (256) 650-5261