Andy Holcomb wrote:
> Okay, I did some more testing today, here is what I did and the results
>
> starting machine location was (-2,2,.5) from where I want the (0,0,0)
> position to be
> I turned the machine on
> Started emc
> hit f1 and f2
> right clicked on the x axis position number to pull up the position
> change box
> typed in -2 pressed enter
> right clicked on the y axis .......
> typed in 2 pressed enter
> right clicked on the z axis ......
> typed in .5 pressed enter
> pressed f4
> loaded a program
> pressed r
> after the machine was running for a little bit I clicked abort
> pressed f5
> typed in g00 x0y0
> pressed enter
> the machine went back to the original start up position of (-2,2) and
> the displays read (0,0)
> so I promptly reset my zero positions as I did above and repeated it,
> and it did it again.

When you use the right-click to set a position in TkEMC, you are setting
a G92 offset.  G92 offsets are temporary and get cleared when you abort.
  That is the way G92 works.  "Its a feature, not a bug"

I believe AXIS sets a G54 offset when you use its "TOUCH OFF" button.
G54 offsets are not temporary.  So the "touch off" button in AXIS works
like the right mouse in TkEMC, but the offsets you set with "touch off"
won't go away when you abort.

I think there is a better way to set offsets in tkemc.  But since I
don't use TkEMC, I don't know how to do that.

Regards,

John Kasunich