On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 19:54 -0400, John Kasunich wrote:
... snip
> Using a schmidt trigger to clean up the output is good.  However, there
> is one potential problem.  The two stage charge pump can produce more
> than 5V, which the '14 might not like.  Maybe a clamp diode to the
> supply rail?  Or maybe use just one stage - remove C2, short D3.  You'd
> have to make sure that one stage generates enough voltage to reliably
> trigger the '14.
... snip
> John Kasunich

You are right. I got 5.5 Volts on the pump output going into the first
buffer. I figured it might be okay. I like the clamp diode idea.

I see the datasheet indicates that I am at the max. TI's LS14 shows a
zener on the input already, so I guess I don't really know how hard I am
driving the input.

--
Kirk Wallace (California, USA
Hardinge HNC/EMC CNC lathe,