Geert De Pecker wrote:
> Just changed to the code below, but G33 keeps doing very strange.
> Also, the motion.spindle-speed-in displays 4.3 instead of the approx
> 200 rpm the spindle is doing. Would I need to put a "scale" component
> in to change from the rotations per second (encoder reading per second?)
> to rotations per minute? Maybe this is what is causing the strange
> moves.
>
> setp encoder.0.counter-mode true
> setp encoder.0.x4-mode false

Does your encoder have quadrature (two 50 ppr channels)?  This mode only
uses one, and gives you 50 counts per rev, using quadrature can give you
200 counts per rev, which should be smoother.

> setp encoder.0.position-scale 50
> net spindle-phase-A <= parport.0.pin-11-in => encoder.0.phase-A
> net spindle-phase-Z <= parport.0.pin-10-in => encoder.0.phase-Z
> #net spindle-phase-A <= parport.0.pin-11-in => encoder.0.phase-A
> encoder.0.phase-Z
> net spindle-index-enable motion.spindle-index-enable <=>
> encoder.0.index-enable
> net spindle-pos encoder.0.position => motion.spindle-revs

This signal is in revolutions, and is used for G33 (threading) as well
as for the G76 threading canned cycle, and rigid tapping.

> net spindle-velocity <= encoder.0.velocity => motion.spindle-speed-in

This signal is in revs per second, and is used for G95 (feed per
revolution).  It is NOT used for threading.

Regarding the "runs full speed" at higher pitches - you need to do the
math to make sure you aren't asking the impossible.  For example, if
your spindle speed is 1000 RPM, and you command a pitch if 0.2mm, the Z
axis will have to move at 1000 X 0.2 = 200mm/minute to cut that thread.
 If your Z axis can't do that, it will go as fast as it can, and
changing the pitch to a higher value like 0.3 won't make it go any faster.

What are the velocity and accel limits for your Z axis?  What spindle
speed are you using for the test?

Regards,

John Kasunich