richard harris wrote:
> By "code" I am referring to an entire g-code file some G0's some G76 etc...
>

> What modal value would effect G76's ability to properly calculate the
> feed rate?  I should mention that even when it threads at the G0 speed
> it does sync with the encoder index pulse.

Off the top of my head I can't think of anything, but that is the first
thing I'd try to rule out.  As a test, write down the active codes
(displayed in a box in Axis), then run the first program, and write them
down again - look for differences.

Actually, I did thing of one that would make a huge difference -
G20/G21.  If the pitch is supposed to be in mm, and it gets changed to
inches, then the axis will need to move 25x faster and will probably be
at the velocity limit.

That's probably not it, but check for any other possibilities.  If you
can't find anything, you are going to have to make it possible for one
or more EMC developers to reproduce the problem.  That means we need to
be able to run your exact configuration and the exact g-code programs
that make the problem happen.

Regards,

John Kasunich