On Sat, 24 Jan 2009, Peter blodow wrote:

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 19:45:40 +0100
From: Peter blodow <p.blo...@dreki.de>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Rattling steppers losing steps

Hello Peter,

my problem is claryfying now.

Since your step driver cards are low performance (5KHz max?) there is really
little advantage to using hardware step generation (Mesa or Pico cards). In
any case you would still need to hand edit the HAL file to set various
stepgen
parameters: steplen, stepspace, dirsetup, dirhold , etc

Please, please give me some real  v a l u e s  to set!!!

Since you dont have the specifications of your drivers this is really a guessing game...

For 5 KHz I would try 100 uSec steplen and 100 uSec stepspace
as a first guess

the motors.

One more word for explanation: You see, I'm not earning any money with my
hobby which seems to be different from some people here on this mail group.
Purchasing a, say, Mesa 5I20 from the German sales rep., will amount to,
considering currency ratio from $ to €, sales tax and shipping, about $315
or, in terms of nourishment, 163 liters of beer  (45 gallons, and not any,
but the best brand). Not that I drank that much, but it makes things more
evident...

Well that puts things in perspective!

Thanks for the care
Peter Blodow