On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 04:28:23PM +0100, Leslie Newell wrote:

> Watching GPIO 28 with halmeter I can see the index so the hardware is
> working correctly, going TRUE when the index is active.
> When I home, it appears to ignore the index completely. The machine hits
> the home switch, backs off then stops almost immediately when the switch
> breaks, ignoring the index.
> Watching axis.0.index-enable with halmeter I see it go TRUE for a moment
> when the switch releases then almost immedaitely FALSE again.

index-enable is set true by the motion controller when it wants to
start the index search (this will be after finding the switch), then
it is set false by the hardware/driver when index is found.  The time
the index-enable is true is the search time.

I think it's actually working.  Your index might be closer to your
switch than you expect, so you think it's not reading it.

What is GPIO 28?  I don't understand this part.