Robert,

>> Forget the fancy math. Mostly CAM takes care of that. Complicated sub
>> routines aren't used a lot either.
>>
>> Main reasons being, the operator is likely to know nothing more than the
>> standard Fanuc stuff and if he doesn't understand the code your asking
>> for trouble. Commercially, time is money, learning advanced math is
>> almost certainly not high on a list of priorities.
>>

> what is this advanced math? do you mean programing complex parts etc.

Advanced math was a term I used. Meaning more than just a simple scale
or add - although that's most of what I ever need.
> Subs we only tend to use these days when running large production jobs
I have used subs to program tool changes and added this into a custom
post processor.
I like subs and loops to keep code small and compact.

One of my CAM systems (FILOU) creates large files when milling pockets
in multiple passes. I now use multiple passes using a while loop instead
of repeating a lot of lines of G-code.
>> The inability to feed hold and do other thing like, ...
>>
> EMC can do all this, u just need to know how to operate the control.

Up to now I have not needed this but it would be nice to know how to
feed hold, spindle stop and jog during a program.
My current machine is large, slow and has an open construction allowing
me to clear chips with a brush while running but I may be doing a
retrofit of a machining center where this is not what I like to do
(somehow I value my fingers too much for this :-) )

Regards,

    Rob