Sven,

that is good news. Good to hear that the motors are good - I would have
gone for way bigger motors but then, the 6.4 Nm steppers on my gigantic
mill are very strong (my scales stop at 130 kg, the motors did not ...).
And I was the one thinking your motors were way too small for the job -
Oh boy, was I wrong...
Having solved this problem you can now go ahead and fine-tune your EMC
settings ;-)

I am now convinced that the motors on my mill don't have to be that big
and am going to buy similar small motors - at least one to start with.
Only thing to do is to find out what extra cards to buy on top of my
5i20 from Mesa and then I can start playing.

I'd love to see some extra info on your machine. Some photos and a small
description with approximate weights and thread pitch would be great.

Regards,

    Rob

(gigantic is 200 x 120 x 60 cm gantry router with a total gantry weight
of ~ 80 kg)