On Saturday, April 23, 2011 11:13:32 AM Robert Pabon did opine:

> Yeah, the 80v is the only real downer for me as well but everything else
> looks good. The PWM command eliminates the need for a pwn to analog
> conversion card so that is good. cost wise I am waiting on a final
> answer but they are cheap. My budget is minimal and I am trying to do
> champagne on a soda budget. I am looking at about $70 per axis for
> those amps.

Don't overlook the xylotex offerings for the small stuff.  A kit of 4 ea
425oz motors and a 4 axis driver can probably be had for about $460, but
check the site at <http://www.xylotex.com/> to be sure.  That supply is
only 24 volt, which would have a max ipm a bit less than my 28 volt gives.

I went slightly cheaper the last time I ordered as I had already cobbled up
a 9 or 10 amp 28 volt supply from my junk box.  And I also cobbled up the
box for the drivers, so all I got was the 4 axis driver board and 4 ea 425
motors.

This makes a good kit for smaller machines IMO.  I also have a pmdx-106
running the spindle motor, and that works very well.

--
Cheers, Gene
<http://tinyurl.com/ddg5bz>