Peter, what kind of documentation is available to a complete novice like myself
and where would I go to find it? I honestly haven't done much more than plug
boards into slots or upgrade memory, I'm not afraid to tackle it, but I don't
like going in blind and I think that is what gives me the most apprehension
about using the Mesa products. Mesa seems to have a solid reputation but it is
a little more than plug and play so the learning curve appears much steeper
from the outside and anything that lessens the grade will certainly pave the
way for new guys like me.

BTW, thanks everyone for your quick and insightful responses. The last 12 hours
have provided a lot more information on EMC than the last several months of
searching elsewhere!
Rob