2011/5/16 Tom Easterday <tom-...@bgp.nu>:
> I am running a job for a friend and I have a bunch of circular toolpaths
> which spiral down to form a cone.  One row of these holes is about 27,000
> line of gcode.  I am noticing that as it runs it seems to have reached the
> maximum number of paths it can color (or something like that), as it is
> turning paths back to white behind it as it continues forward.
>
> Is this a "feature"?

AFAIK that is the feature, which helps preventing overload of CPU and
thus affecting realtime performance. I think it is better to have some
lines not painted as You want rather than get ruined part.
Does Your code consist of small linear moves? If yes, then I am sure
that this kind of code can be optimized.
For example, create a code from half-circles, each just a little
smaller than previous and so that You start on the outside and
gradually get to the center or each next is little larger, if You need
to start in center and add Z increment - tool will go down the
specified distance along Z, while the arc is executed and thus You
would get spiral movement downward.

Viesturs