On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 06:43:47PM +0300, Viesturs L??cis wrote:

> AFAIK that is the feature, which helps preventing overload of CPU and
> thus affecting realtime performance. I think it is better to have some
> lines not painted as You want rather than get ruined part.

This is close to the right answer.  Actually it prevents drawing an
excessive backplot affecting *nonrealtime* performance.  The user
interface is nonrealtime.  Sluggish response of the user interface can
cause delay in responding to a released jog key, for instance.

Realtime performance (machine motion, step generation, etc) is not
affected by a sluggish user interface.