Dave,

Any possibility of sharing what you indtend to use the equipment for on the
rig?  I am a mining engineer in the cement industry and have considered
placing remote electronics on drilling rigs and the mining equipment.  Too
many other fires to hold back in the meantime have kept me from pursuing
this..

I recently came across some ruggedized gear for mining equipment using open
hardware and a linux OS.  I am not advertising for this company but you can
see examples of the cases at 3d-p.com.  The price point they quoted was a
bit high (IMO) on a per unit basis for trial work I was considering.

Brian