Greetings

I have an XY stage with Heidenhain linear encoders and BLDC motors on its
screws. The encoders have built in interpolation giving a 0.08 micrometre
resolution.

I have a Mesa 7i39 on its way.

There was a lot of BLDC work done by Andy Pugh around the turn of the year
but so far as I can see everything is now very quiet.

If I pull 2.5-pre and compile it should I have everything needed (including
a bitfile for Mesa 5i20)?

The motors are Elcom/Pittman Nema 23 frame (5111D008) - So far Google has
not helped much! I plan to test initially with a rotary encoder as runaway
on the XY table would be nasty.

Does anyone have any additional advice?

John Prentice