2011/9/6 Chris Morley <chrisinnana...@hotmail.com>:

>> Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 17:38:28 -0500
>> From: k...@kimkirwan.com
>> To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
>> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] M3/M4 and M5
>>
>> Not to throw a monkey wrench in at this point, but...
>>
>> Many commercial controls have a "minimum spindle speed"
>> integer parameter.
>>
>> Kim

Kim, I am trying to build industrial machines with EMC. Explaining to
client, why do they need to specify S word in g-code file for a
welding robot, where it does not make any sense at all, is very very
difficult, after I have been telling them, how flexible EMC is.

> I'm not sure how that would impact what was request by Viesturs.
> If you are using a contactor only for running the spindle then
> S speed in G code is not needed which make sense as there is no
> way to set a speed.

I have a feeling that the main reason, why I asked the initial
question, has slipped unnoticed.
My main concern is about all those machines, where the "spindle" is
some kind of tool, that is not a motor. For example:
plasma cutting machines
waterjet cutting machines
hotwire cutting machines (at least the one of Peter Georgi)
laser cutting machines
welding robot
and many other...
And, if properly built, they all can be considered as industrial machines.

Chris, thank You very much for the suggestion, I will check it out,
when I have a spare moment and will let You know, if any other
questions will arise.

Viesturs