On Sun, 2011-11-06 at 23:32 -0500, Kent A. Reed wrote:
... snip
> I'm amazed at the breadth of projects you've talked about.
I need to do more doing. I am in a spot where in order to get one
project done (carousel), I need to do another (clean up wiring), which
needs another (make PC boards), etceterta.

> I came across a nice, if perhaps too general, 2-part discussion that
> begins with
> http://www.moldmakingtechnology.com/articles/part-i-spindles-and-their-relationship-to-high-speed-toolholders

That's good stuff, but when I said high speed spindle, I just meant
higher than the 3.5k RPM I can normally get from my mill.

> They don't show any examples of the kind of tooling system you seem to
> have in mind nor do I recall seeing anything in my random walks around
> the web.
>
> You might try posting your query over in the CNCZone too.
>
> Once you've settled on an approach I hope you'll provide pictures for
> the rest of us to ooh and aah over :-)

I'll most likely try to get something quick and dirty done, then go from
there. At first it won't be anything to write home about, but I'll share
what I've done in case it might help.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html