I've been using one for years in my hobby router.  I've just replaced it
with a Chinese spindle, but haven't cut anything yet.

I have a Bosch GGS 27LC, "won" on ebay.  With its straight long neck it is
easy to mount.  It has variable speed from 12k to 24k.  Run-out is awesome.
Never broken a PCB drill while using it.  I've done wood and aluminium with
it too.  3mm, 1/8", 6mm, 1/4", 8mm collets, which are a bit pricey though.
It's very noisy.

It's going to be demoted to the occasional die grinding, and I'll make a
mount for my lathe too.

I don't have air in my room, so electric is perfect.

reminds