On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 19:59 +1100, Frank Tkalcevic wrote:
... snip
> This is a good read.  Movie at the end too...
>
> http://www.cncathome.com/spindles.html
... snip

As Paul says in the video, that's pretty cool. The page saves me from
finding out the hard way that something is unlikely to work. Thanks for
the link Frank.

I am tending towards having the same arrangement with the motor offset
and driving the spindle with a belt. Then having the draw bar release
cylinder offset opposite from the motor and pushing on the bar through a
lever. The NMTB 40 taper will be above the spindle on piers. I think
I'll stick with the ISO 20 tool holders.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html