2012/1/27 Peter C. Wallace <p...@mesanet.com>:

>> I have been playing only with P parameter so far, following this guideline:
>> 1) increase P up to the moment, when motor becomes unstable;
>> 2) add I to make it stable;
>> 3) add D to make the loop stiffer;
>>

> This is wrong, you add D to  make it more stable not I
>
> I is added in small does only when all other tuning is close to remove the
> last bit of static error and slew errors

Peter, according to You, there is a mistake in manual.

Integrator's manual, page 158, section of PID tuning with simple method:

If the system must remain on line, one tuning method is to first set
the I and D values to zero. Increase the P until the output
of the loop oscillates. Then increase I until oscillation stops.
Finally, increase D until the loop is acceptably quick to reach its
reference.

Viesturs