2012/1/27 Peter C. Wallace <p...@mesanet.com>:

> This is not likely a tuning problem...

Sounds encouraging :)

> More likely that you have either run out of headroom (what is the motor
> voltage vs supply voltage?) or you have a commutation problem. Commutation
> problems will happen if you have encoder count errors in q, qi, or  qh mode
> Of course if you have encoder count problems these need to be fixed  whatever
> commutation mode you use, but using h mode will eliminate encoder count
> problems as a suspect in you oscillation troubles.
>
> Another detail that can cause strange behavior if you are close to the maximum
> RPM because of voltage limits, is the maximum PWM duty cycle. This should be
> limited via the PID components max_output parameter to about 95% of the PWM
> components full scale value.

Damn, thanks for reminding about the voltages!
I have ~28 VDC supplied to 7i39s - that would account for supply voltage.
Motors are rated for 36 VDC. Since motors are rated at 4000 RPM, I
cannot reach them by default.
But I still should hit 75% of that, which is 3000 RPM, because I have
supplied 75% of the rated voltage, right? But now I have reached only
half of that.

Ok, is there a place I can read more about the max_output? I do not
fully understand, what should I do with output_ scale and max_output
parameters in INI file.

Viesturs