2012/3/15 Roger Holmquist <ro...@abcnc.se>:

> Hello everybody!
>
> Have just got reason to join the CNC-developing community.
> Considering LinuxCNC as a professional machine control system
> replacing older control systems versions from FANUC, Heidenhahn,
> Siemens etc

I think that Youtube has enough videos to prove that LinuxCNC is
perfectly suited for such a task.

> One observation is that trajectory planning seem to be incomplete.

Could You, please, explain in more detail with some facts/arguments?

> There is also a need to find reliable HW for machine-interfacing.

Pico Systems and Mesa provide hardware that has been widely used and
provides excellent performance. I have been using them for my own and
for my clients' machines for some time already and I have no reason to
complain about the overall reliability and stability. I have had some
issues with particular pieces of hardware, that have been successfully
resolved, so I do not see any reason for such a statement You
provided.

Anders posted a link to wiki page, where additional supported hardware
options are mentioned, so I think that I am not the only one, who
would like to find out Your reasons for such an opinion.

Viesturs