On Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:29:49 PM John Thornton did opine:

> Are you tapering the slots so the edges are perpendicular to the center?

That was I believe the general idea, John.

I have the next one about 1/3rd done, but the run time is nearly 4 hours as
I had to slow it because I could see the bit flexing a few thou.  When my
back gave out just now I hit the pause button while the bit was at SafeZ,
put the spindle controller in manual at zero speed, blew that last passes
oil & debris off it, its looking great, and turned off the lights for the
night.

> BTW, 60 slots with the subroutine is a piece of cake. If you can come up
> with the code to do one slot I can paste it in my subroutine and send it
> back.
>
> John

There's stuff in it that isn't now used, but I just put a copy of whats
running right now on my web page, under Genes-os9-stf/eagle/genes-
encoder.ngc

Part of the run time is the sheet is warping when I cut off a piece, so I
have to use a total cut depth that is about 2.5x as thick as the alu, and
let it nibble on the oil soaked oak sacrificial pad under it.

Thanks John.

Cheers, Gene
Just about every computer on the market today runs Unix, except the Mac
(and nobody cares about it).
                -- Bill Joy 6/21/85