On Wednesday 11 July 2012 13:34:18 Jon Elson did opine:

> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Yikes Jon. I have mine set for only 500hz, higher obviously limits the
> > resolution of the control, at least in my system.  I tried 10khz once
> > but found I only had about 4 or 5 steps from creep to wide open due
> > to the loss in base thread counts per output hz.
>
> Oh, you can't do this with software.  Kasey is using my PWM controller
> board, which
> is given a 16-bit count value and then counts out the pulse width with
> an FPGA at
> 40 MHz.  So, you have 25 ns resolution on the PWM width.  Even then, you
> only get 800 steps at a 50 KHz rate.  There typically is NO base thread
> at all
> using this system.
>
> Jon

Ahh. Duh.  I think you said that before, but it must have flown right on
out the other eye without registering.  My mistake Jon, sorry for trying to
confuse the issue.

I'm back in the A/C, I tend to desert the shop when the thermometer hanging
on the bandsaw gets to 90.  And despite what the weatherman said this
morning, its already 7 or 8 degrees above what he intoned as gospel at
06:30.  I was one of the smartasses that invited him down to help shovel
about 18" of his partly cloudy a while back. Winter of 2008 I think it was.
:)

Cheers, Gene
Sorry.  Nice try.